Tribalance Student Spotlight for July is Andrea, here she has shared with us her yoga story:
1. How long have you been practising yoga or pilates?
About 7 years ago I was introduced to my first yoga class by a friend at Tamborine Mountain, and have never looked back.
2. Why do you practice yoga and/or pilates?
Yoga is time just for me. There is no need for expectation or comparison, just an hour to remind myself that all I need to do in life is breathe.
3. Why did you choose tribalance to guide you on your journey?
To be totally honest, I started with TriBalance because of a discount voucher, but then loved the space, the classes and the teachers so much that I committed to a membership!
4. What’s your favourite class at tribalance?
I enjoy the challenge of a Vinyasa Flow, but some mornings a Basics class is my favourite way to start the day!
5. Whats your favourite pose?
My favourite pose is Tadasana, or Mountain Pose, and I don’t think we do it enough!
6. Whats your least favourite pose?
I could definitely live without another Fish Pose.
7. What aspects of your practise are you focusing on at the moment?
At the moment I am trying to just focus on listening to my body for guidance, challenging myself without force, and recognising that every visit to my mat is a once in a lifetime experience.