COURSE STARTs 10 August 2019
Yoga is one of the most nourishing ways to care for yourself and for your baby during pregnancy and because of this many women first start practising yoga when they are pregnant.
Our 6 week pregnancy yoga course is suitable both for beginners and seasoned practitioners, we just ask that you wait until you’re in your 2nd trimester to start your first course. You can continue right up to 40 weeks as long as you have clearance from your midwife or obstetrician. The course has been developed with careful consideration of the more specific needs of women during this special and sacred time. The pregnancy yoga class scheduled on the Saturday is taught by experienced and passionate physiotherapist and yoga teacher Cathy Aganoff.
The Sunday afternoon restorative yoga class is a public class taught by Erue Bucher who’s extensive 12 years of yoga teaching experience in Australia and overseas has inspired her other passion as an ambassador for women’s welfare and refugee groups in Papua New Guinea. Both classes are suitable and safe for pregnant students in their 2nd or 3rd trimesters. Partners are welcome and encouraged to attend the Sunday afternoon restorative yoga class to share in the yoga bliss! The Saturday afternoon class is a specialised class only for pregnant women who are signed up to the pregnancy yoga course.
You can repeat the course at different stages of your pregnancy to gain more of the countless health benefits, including:
● Improved circulation and reduced fluid retention
● Increased strength of stabilising muscles around the pelvis and lower back.
● Improved strength in postural muscles to support changing posture.
● Increased flexibility and reduced muscular tension.
● Relief of pain and discomfort in the lower back and pelvic joints.
● Confidence in your ability to grow, nurture and birth your baby,
● Cultivate a deeper sense of relaxation through stress relief.